Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

After waking up late, finding clothes strewn on the floor (though bizarrely I'd taken the time to neatly hang my trouser pants on the hanger) and several missed calls and messages on my phone it dawned on me that I'd had quite a big night on the Thursday night leading into the extended long weekend. After going for a couple of drinks at CBD with my friends from work we moved on down to Slip Inn to meet some friends of Luke's. Eugene had said that he might meet us there after his work function and Gareth had promised to make an appearance as it had been a long week.

On the walk down I got the text from Gareth saying that he was tired, going home, sorry. Oh well. I was surprised when we got to Slip Inn that the entire downstairs was booked out for a PwC function! I called Eugene to find out whether he was there too (everywhere was packed!) but he seemed a bit confused and said that it must be some other function, probably a farewell or something. Oh well. As it happened Eugene couldn't make it either. Luckily there were a lot of people there with the combination of floorball and CommSec people. Mindy wasn't there though, which made me think how unhappy it was that she wasn't around for this long weekend, since she'd been pining for a long break for quite a while. Plus whenever we go out Mindy and Ceez are usually sticking together and chatting the whole night which both of them seem to enjoy, so I think Mindy would have liked it. The whole city was packed the whole night and it went quite late. I think I ended up getting home about 2am and waking up Eugene who surprised me by sleeping on the bed outside my room! I think because they were going down to the south coast the next day, so Max must have been sleeping in his bed.

So, after i woke up, i saw i had some missed calls from a 'withheld' number - gotta be Mindy. So i tried to use the calling card number she'd texted the night before. No luck - no credit. Tried to top it up by guessing my new card's expiry date. No luck. Damn! So i texted and caught her online instead. I'm really happy to hear it when she's out doing something, with friends, shopping, getting coffee, getting her hair done. I know it's really hard on me being apart; i can only guess how hard it is on her too. So i know that it's good to be doing something instead of just sitting around at home like i was this morning. I felt really sad and a bit disoriented when i woke up and she wasn't there. Well, I suppose this is something we'll both have to learn to deal with over the next couple of months. I'm sure we'll do it. Really sure.


Plans for tomorrow: Help Ian + Sheena move house, meet Bayliss for lunch... study study study! And jog lots =)

No comments: